What are the Benefits of achieving Piano level 2?
- Substantial increase in neural connectivity
- Significantly higher SAT scores
- Greatly reduced risk of drug/alcohol abuse
- Notable reduction of anti-social behaviors
- Increased self esteem
- Enhanced ability to concentrate/focus
- Development of personal discipline
- Superior working memory, auditory skills, and cognitive flexibility
Children who are allowed to quit music lessons usually quit early. When parents insist on helping their children to get to a level where they can play well, they’re not as likely to quit! Your goal should be to help your child get to Level 2. Once they’re at Level 2, they will almost always never stop playing the piano!
Here’s how we define Level 2:
The ability to read an intermediate piece of music; play using both hands; use the expression pedals; and sound musical.
In other words, kids who get to Level 2 become smarter, happier and more well-rounded!
Helping your child reach Level 2 on piano is the single most effective way you can give them a leg up in life!